- About Merry Lea
- Teachers & K-12 Programs
- Field Trip Options
- On Site Programs
- In School Programs
- Fee Structure
- Cancellation Policy
- Homeschool Series
- Teacher Resources
- Field Trip Options
- Undergraduate Programs
- Program Details
- Agroecology Blog
- History of Agriculture at Goshen College
- Internships and Job Openings
- Useful Links
- Agroecology Photo Gallery
- Sustainability Semester
- Ecological Field Station
- Environmental Science at GC
- Undergraduate Research
- Graduate Program
- Institute for Ecological Regeneration
- Land Management & Research
- Sustainable Buildings
- Rieth Village
- Take the LEED Tour
- Energy Monitoring
- Educational Programs
- LEED and USGBC
- News & Events
The following is a checklist of all items that must be submitted to be considered for admission to the Master's in Environmental Education program.
- Cover letter
- Online Application form (Application deadline is March 1st) Please note that GRE scores are no longer required.
- There is a tuition break of $500 if your application is received before January 1st, 2013.
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- Resume; include your academic and employment history
- Official copies of your college/university transcripts in sealed and signed envelopes
- TOEFL scores (International students only)
- Three letters of reference in sealed and signed envelopes or references may send pdf or word document directly to David Ostergren (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Personal written statement
- Enclose a two-page typed essay illustrating your motivation for pursing a Master of Arts in Environmental Education. Include responses to the following areas:
1. What qualities do you have that would make you an effective environmental educator?
2. Why do you believe it is important to teach children to be good stewards of human and natural communities?
Prerequisites: Although applicants for this interdisciplinary program may come from a diverse variety of backgrounds and educational fields, all applicants are required to have at least one college level course in biology, physical or natural science.
Please send your application materials to:
1700 South Main St.
Goshen, IN 46526
Toll free: (800) 348-7422 • Phone: (574) 535-7535 • Fax: (574) 535-7609
To request a paper application, contact the Merry Lea Environmental Learning Center of Goshen College:
Dave Ostergren, Director, MAEE
P.O. Box 263
Wolf Lake, IN 46796
Phone: (260) 799-5869 * FAX (260) 799-5875
Merry Lea Environmental Learning Center of Goshen College, P.O. Box 263 Wolf Lake, IN 46796 | Phone (260) 799-5869 • Fax (260) 799-5875